Thursday, May 10, 2012

How's It Go?

NOTE- This was published on August 9th, 2012 but was reflective of feelings around May 2012...

I feel like each time I start to sit down and type one of these out, my mind begins to wonder as to what else I could have accomplished with my time. Well, this time, I'm limited because I just finished exercising with Stephanie in preparation for my 5k run on Saturday. That's right, I said that I'm running a 5k. Not too impressive when you say it's 3.1 miles, but still, this body just doesn't normally run, let alone 3.1 miles.

As redundant as it may seem, and as pointless as it may seem to say this, but life has been really crazy lately, and seemingly in fast forward. Just recently completed Relay For Life in South Lakeland as the DJ and Activities and Entertainment Co-Chair. (I'll get back to Co-Chairing in a moment) It was a lot of fun, but a ton of work to make that event happen. I appreciate all that the American Cancer Society does to find a cure for cancer, it's really commendable, and a great cause. They have a theory that as Cancer starts to take it's toll on the patient, we start Relay symbolizing the sunset on the body and the wear and fatigue. Then the dawn rises as we beat Cancer. Great concept, the thing is, that most people aren't made, especially nowadays, to stay up all night, and spend the next two days recovering from the event.

I want to start at 7 AM, and end at 1 AM the next morning. Still keeps the 18 hours the event is, but it would be easier to cope with, a lot more day time could be spent with events and activities, and a lot more people would be engaged in the event overall. Plus as I said, I would be able to keep my beauty sleep :)

So with work, what can I freaking mother effing say? It's been insane, system issues, people are obnoxious as well, and just overall really not wanting to be in the office anymore. I so wish that I could work virtually finally. That's the thing too, at least an Alternate Work Pattern where I could work two days from home to start and prove how effective I could be.

So I'm co-leading the Global Service Day, on June 21st for AON in the Orlando Office. I was under the impression that I would be the lead, and when I arrived at the meeting, they announced me as the co-lead. I am not a large fan of co-leading, because I'm such an ideas person, and have a lot of great ideas to throw out there. The problem is, that people also have their ideas, and you have to collaborate with them. This, known fact, that I am not really a fan of people in general, works against me big time. I am someone who knows that I can get the job done, and done right. I guess I just have to play nice. Whatever.

I have lately been in a great situation with...we'll call him...my possible boyfriend. The reason I say this is because we're taking it one day at a time, and trying to figure out what we're going to be. Both of us are a little commitment phobic, and understand this. I was the one who was like, you know, I've been single long enough, screw the whole feelings thing, if I ever want to be with someone, then I need to put myself out there. I don't want to get hurt, that's the thing. And the reason why I never wanted to be in a relationship anymore. However, now I'm ready to get back into it, because I finally found someone that I truly grooved with. The thing is, he wasn't ready. I give him TREMENDOUS credit though for taking a lot of big steps lately, and trying this out. I basically was like, look, I can't be waiting around forever, and the feelings are too strong to just remain your friend. He agreed, and now we're trying out this dating thing. I'm feeling very comfortable, and really enjoying it. We'll see where things take us there.

So with all that being said, not sure where this "feeling" is coming from. I don't want to say it's a depression or anything, but I've just been feeling really BLAH lately, and it's been a nagging feeling. I don't have much time as StarBucks is closing right now. I'll come back to this.

UPDATE - Never did come back to this...I have started a new post to come out soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment